I have only been awake for 2 hours, but I have already consumed two cups of coffee, listened to two CD’s, and fought a tragic battle with my computer (I was defeated by the way…). Now I am in a lighter frame of mind and would like to ponder some of my favourite things. I am a self-confessed “list-maker”. Mental lists, shopping lists, task lists, project lists (yes there is a difference between “task” and “project” lists with the former pertaining to activities that are quick and easy compared to long and arduous). Then there are the “other” lists; like the “1000 things to do before you die list” or the “1000 places to see before you die list”. Not morbid, just efficient. I like to think I’m efficient. Quirky, but efficient! (wow…I need to cut back on the coffee…!). Ok. So on with the lists. Inventory. Taking stock. hmmm….
10 of My Favourite Things to Do (not in any particular order):
1. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee on my patio in the summer. The patio baskets are always fragrant and in full bloom. Thank you “green thumb!”.
2. Spend time either lakeside or skimming atop a glacial lake (canoe, kayak) in typical Canadian fashion. The occasional cry of a loon or sound of splashing waves always add to the ambience.
3. Express myself creatively to good music. Paint or ink. It’s all good.
4. Enjoy breakfast in bed. Poached eggs, fresh fruit and a good cup of – you guessed it.
5. Travel. Anywhere, anytime. Planned vacations are great, but spontaneous “throw your stuff in the car – we are heading out for the weekend” trips are even better.
6. Sing and dance (ahem, this can get scary) to my favourite tunes.
7. Dress up and head out for a day or night on the town – the theatre, museum or a local pub.
8. Spend time with inspiring people. My mom, my best friend, my dog (yeah, she’s one of my favourite “people”).
9. Cook. Gourmet, soul-food, exotic fusion, stick-to-your-ribs, comfort food. Whatever inspires me at the time.
10. Emanate positive energy to the Universe. You’ve heard of “The Secret”. It works. Donate to a good cause, share your talents/wisdom, volunteer for “Habitat”, pick up litter, share a smile… Don’t underestimate the power of these acts.
Enough with the lists for now. Thanks for stopping by TMT. Have a wonderful day!