You might recall some of our results from the What the? Wednesday – #7 post from 4 July 2007. Being the nerd that I am, I found myself searching for other bizarre creatures like myself on the Internet – besides OB and I, it seems like there is a gaggle of INTP derelicts and information on INTPs here). Alright. It gets even funnier – the following is a list of “Activities Performed by an INTP at a Bar” [courtesy of….ok…ahem….”stolen” from the aforementioned site….but I’m giving them credit, and traffic, so cut me some slack here people….!]. [Grin]. Although, I a bit of an extrovert too, there are times when the “I” (Introvert) in my INTP gets the best of me….hence:
“Natural History of the Bar-Stool-Hugging, Spock-y INTP Personality Type”
(aka. “Why Spock is Still Single – and Loving It”)
1. Reinforcing the wall or other supporting structure by heavy leaning [Bars can be flimsy structures….].
2. Vulcan/Spock impersonation [I can honestly say that I HAVE done this in a bar!].
3. Buckingham Palace guard practice.
4. Counting lights, floor tiles, beer bottles, pool balls (on or off the pool table) [Obsessive counting RULES!]
5. Guarding the snack machine.
6. Finding the “stagnation points” in the traffic flow streamlines [patterns in traffic are KEY to the popularity of a place].
7. Mental tensor calculus [a bit too nerdy for me].
8. Inspecting the washroom [the bathroom at my local pub has the coolest doors…].
9. Intently reading signs, posters, labels, no matter how trivial the material.
10. Creating geometrical sculptures out of bar straws [I haven’t made a “bridge” yet, but you can sure make some weird animals out of straws!].
Oh…and here’s some fun Acronyms for INTPs too….Gotta love these…
Insane Nerds Throwing Parties [“Woohoo!”, let’s break out the telescopes!]
Interesting Novel Thoughts Proliferate
I Need To Pee!
Incommunicado Needs Toastmasters Pronto! [TM’s…Ah! A great way to spend a Thursday evening…]
I Need Ten Palm Pilots [I have three, but who’s counting…]
Incessantly Needing To Ponder [Ponder, day-dream, call it what you will…]
I’m Not The Problem! [Enough said…]
INTPs unite….”Bwwwaaaaaha ha ha ha ha….” Just kidding, I don’t think I could maintain my attention span long enough to devise a plan for World Dominance. “Now, where is my darned pocket protector?” [snort].
-PM (Oh, and only an INTP geeks such as myself would have a “Tag” for “Nerds Rule”….)