Alright. Let’s call this a What the? Wednesday #11. Some stupid facts about your quirky mermaid:
1. I hate toast that has been cooled, then buttered. Don’t ask me why, but it’s just wrong to eat cool toast and a gloop of unmelted butter. I developed this hatred in Uni (degree uno).
2. I am fascinated by astronomy. I love harvest moons. Saw one the other day and I was almost brought to tears. It was blood red and very mystical looking (it was three in the morning so this Mermaid was too tired to whip out the old telly-scope…).
3. I am perturbed by mouth noises. You know the ones…lip smacking, loud chewing…Grrrrrr…..
4. I smell everything…I mean EVERYTHING [I’m not a dog…I don’t sniff…well, you get my point]. Maybe this is a throwback to my Neanderthal ancestry (had to smell everything to ensure it was edible, friendly etc.).
5. I have been reading Tarot cards since I was 15 years old. I had to do the math the other day when a friend asked. “Wow!” I said to her after counting back the years, “I’m getting older…I should be getting better at this!” I still need to look up much of the minor arcana.
6. I hug trees. I don’t know why. I just need to connect with tree spirits sometimes.
7. I am a sap for conventional Romantic things (poetry, flowers etc.) and unconventional Romantic things (?), but am deathly afraid of falling head over heels in love (doesn’t happen often, if at all).
8. I ate a butterfly when I was 4. Apparently, I admired it inquisitively for a few moments, then popped it in my mouth like a jelly bean. My mum reminds me of this – OFTEN! I also ate an Iris flower the same day…dyed my lips blue and I looked like I had munched on a Smurf village for lunch.
9. I once held a memorial service (with a childhood friend) for a chicken. He was young, he was our friend and his name was Herman. I think the family dog attacked him. Poor Herman. I remember walking in the forest a year after he died. His little wooden cross (made of twigs) was still standing upright (stuck in the forest floor)…! Weird.
10. I used to imagine that a broom-riding witch lived in one of my parent’s basements when I was younger. I remember having to go and fetch something in the freezer with a sense of terror. I used to run like a wild lunatic up the stairs, imaging that this spirit thingie was chasing me up every stair (my mum thought I was crazy….). The thought of that witch still gives me the chills [shudder].
Ten useless facts about PM. If you made it to the bottom of the list. Congrats! Thanks for hanging in there!
How can you tell that the hand is feeling better!